Today is the 8th installment of my “Real Life Bride” series following my sister’s wedding planning. If you missed the previous recaps you can find them here…
Today I’m sharing the mood board that Stacy created to pull together her color scheme and design aesthetic for the wedding. The poppy red and french blues with the light aqua accents will be the base of the wedding design.
Choosing a wedding color palette can be a daunting task but websites like Pinterest and Loverly make it easy to put colors together into a visual board and create a distinct look for your event before making any final decisions. Here are my tips for choosing a great palette for your wedding day look!
1) Start with colors you love
2) Look to your venue for inspiration and coordination
3) Don’t be afraid to use color boldly
4) Don’t limit your palette to two contrasting shades – use ranges of a particular hue to create depth and dimension in your design
5) Don’t try to do it all! Pick your palette and use it cohesively throughout your celebration
And my most important tip – make sure your wedding look speaks to your personality and your identity as a couple to have a wedding that is truly your own!